This page is an archive of www.simonjameslewis.com/
Energy and Damp
Impartial consultancy, advice and support. This journey of guided discovery focuses on achieving positive results with no-cost and low-cost behaviour strategies, simple interventions and projects to manage energy, moisture and indoor air quality in your home.
Advice and consultancy
Damp pathology, building principles, design critique, project planning and team building.
Site visitAppointment time: 4 hours* Cost: £480* Working together we’ll empower you with the understanding and confidence to make informed decisions about your own home.
- We’ll look at any symptoms or issues of immediate concern raised in your enquiry.
- We’ll discuss your short, medium and long-term aspirations for the property.
- We’ll consider the broader context of energy and moisture in the home.
- We’ll develop an understanding of how your house performs and how best it can be improved.
- We’ll talk through how we can best support you with the design, scope and delivery of your project.
ReportsCost: on application. Thourally documenting observations and advice can be seen as an unnecessary expense when working directly with the householder. However, when there are multiple stakeholders or a client is unable to attend a site meeting a comprehensive report can be produced. Please find these examples.
Drop us a line, we’ll give you a call.
* Cost is given as a normative example, appointment times can vary according to the agreed scope, travel and accommodation costs may also apply. This can be discussed and agreed prior to engagement.
Hygrothermal passive heat recovery, solves damp problems with the secondary effect of improving the thermal efficiency of older buildings.
The damp Victorian terrace, built on a budget, what went wrong and what made it worse? How a century of bad practice put right in a couple of weekends.
The steamy Hygroscopic bathroom, more than breathable, capacity counts, rapidly responding in layers, the wallpaper’s not for decoration.
The open plan Emancipated kitchen, wreaking havoc in every home, enter the Bi-folding doors and the reveals expose a concentration of moisture.
Every home has Cold spots under repeated attack from internal weather, reducing storms and tackling more manageable projects in isolation.
Why it doesn’t work and why it causes damp.
Bristol Hemp Lime
Casting hemp lime onto existing masonry.